(Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)The No. 1 overall recruit in the 2020 high school football class announced his commitment earlier this week. Five-star defensive end Bryan Bresee is headed to Clemson and he started recruiting the No. 1 quarterback in the class not long after.While Clemson is the favorite to land the No. 1 quarterback in the class, the Tigers won’t land the No. 1 recruit at one position.According to Matt Freeman, the No. 1 long snapper recruit in the country announced his commitment on Wednesday.Alex Peitsch is headed to Notre Dame.Here’s the announcement from Freeman.BREAKING | Notre Dame has gained a commitment from Alex Peitsch (@AlexPeitsch) who is the nation’s top long snapper. https://t.co/1wZHjHjxxi— Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) April 24, 2019Peitsch adds to a solid class for Notre Dame this cycle.The Fighting Irish currently hold the No. 13 class in the 2020 cycle, according to 247Sports’ Composite Rankings. Their class is led by four-star wide receiver Jordan Johnson – who is the No. 6 player at his position.Peitsch took to Twitter to make his announcement:“I am humbled by Coach Kelly’s and Coach Polian’s confidence in me and with all that being said I am honored to announce that I have committed on scholarship to the University of Notre Dame,” he said.While landing a long snapper isn’t a sexy endeavor, it’s pivotal to have someone to rely on in key situations. A bad snap at any given time can ruin a game.
The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein had told the UN Human Rights Council recently that despite welcomed steps towards demilitarization after the currenjt Government took office, such as the removal of checkpoints, the military presence in the north and east remains heavy and a culture of surveillance and, in certain instances, intimidation and harassment persists.He had also said that former detainees released after rehabilitation and civil society groups working with victims continue to face regular security checks and questioning about their work. (Colombo Gazette) The Foreign Minister said the Government wants to ensure military activities in the North and East are on par to what is seen in other parts of the country. Tamil political parties and groups have been calling on the Government to reduce the military presence in the North and East and remove the army from commercial activities.The army has been operating shops, a hotel and has been engaging in other public commercial operations since the end of the war. He noted that the Government has already replaced the military governors in the North and East with civilian governors. The military is to be disengaged from commercial activity, Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera said today.He said that the process is now underway and should be completed as part of the de-militarisation of the country by 2018.