“I don’t have a total (in mind) but I think the improvements you see – four goals last season and four goals already this season,” Bolasie said. “You don’t just build a player overnight, everything has to come gradually. “I don’t think people really expect it. I wasn’t really in the box last season but this season I am in the box a lot more, I am picking up little scraps and so far I have got goals off scraps. “I think it’s all down to the gaffer and what he does in training and you can see it in the boys.” After the disappointing loss to Sunderland on Monday, Palace were keen to move on and give something back to the supporters. “It was a great result for the team,” Bolasie said. “It was good to bounce back from Monday’s result. “Today is obviously encouraging for us and we will move on straight away to focus on Everton next week. “In football, I think it is how you bounce back and you could say the attackers on Monday were a bit disappointed. The south London side thrashed Newcastle on Saturday, with the 5-1 win seeing the Eagles rise to seventh in the Barclays Premier League table. Bolasie netted twice in the comprehensive win, taking him to four overall – the same tally he managed over the whole of the 2014/15 campaign. Press Association “Today more than made up for Monday, but the game is gone today and we have to look forward to Everton. “It’s done a lot for confidence and we play Everton next week, who are another team who we normally have good games against, but every season is different so that will be another tough game for sure.” Bakary Sako is out of the clash with a hamstring injury and Wilfried Zaha is suspended, but Bolasie is not concerned about the strength in depth. “It’s tough right now but hopefully someone like Chungy (Lee Chung-yong) can come in and step up to the plate and that’s the reason why we have such a good squad. “You think of the players who have been left out, like Frazer Campbell, Jordan Mutch, so there are still players who can come in and do a good job.” Yannick Bolasie is delighted to have already equalled his last season’s goal tally and believes Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew deserves all the credit.
Meanwhile, Gov. DeSantis said during a briefing Saturday that said almost 1,200 tests were administered at the Memorial Health drive-thru testing site in Broward County.He also announced new testing sites at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, and TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville.Out of those who have been diagnosed with the virus to date, those with serious conditions have typically been over the age of 60. However the majority of the infected are under the age of 60, the governor added.As of Saturday evening, there are 763 confirmed cases in Florida, and 12 deaths. South Florida remains the epicenter, with 56 cases in Palm Beach County, 164 in Broward County, and 169 in Miami-Dade County. Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nicole “Nikki” Fried is asking Gov. Ron DeSantis to implement a statewide “stay at home” order in response to the increasing number of coronavirus cases.Read her full statement below:“I want to recognize the difficult choices the Governor has had to make in this public health crisis. No Governor in recent history would have expected to have to make a decision like California, New York, or Illinois have made in the past 72 hours. Shutting down one of the nation’s largest states is a decision that will have an economic impact – but it is a decision that will save lives. Based on the data, we know we are a week behind California’s vast increase in COVID-19 cases. The individuals and businesses I’ve spoken with are growing more anxious by the day. As the nation’s third largest state, we need to go further, and we cannot afford to lose another week.”She continues:“I am asking the Governor to consider implementing a statewide “stay-at-home” order, closing all non-essential businesses for a reasonable timeframe, after which time the situation could be reassessed. A piecemeal approach of closing certain communities and businesses risks sowing further confusion. I encourage the Governor to take this decisive action today to save lives and preserve Florida’s economy for our shared future. I will stand by the Governor should he make this difficult decision, and I implore him to do so now.”I want to recognize the difficult choices @GovRonDeSantis has made during this #coronavirus crisis.Data shows Florida is a week behind California in #COVID19 cases. So, I’m asking the Governor to issue a statewide “stay-at-home” order.This difficult decision will save lives.— Commissioner Nikki Fried (@NikkiFriedFL) March 21, 2020
FIFA says the referee who awarded Italy a goal after first whistling for a penalty in Saturday’s match against Brazil acknowledges making the wrong call.Referee Ravshan Irmatov blew his whistle to award Italy a penalty. Moments later, as play continued, Giorgio Chiellini scored. Irmatov was seen pointing at the penalty spot and then giving a goal.FIFA spokesman Pekka Odriozola said: “He has admitted he made a mistake.”Irmatov is a widely respected referee from Uzbekistan who had been expected to have a chance to referee the Confederations Cup final. Now he is expected to be sent home with his assistants, who also made two key errors in Saturday’s game.Brazil won the match 4-2.