Tag: 阿拉爱上海会员交流区

Vande Mataram singing at M.P. Secretariat back in new avatar

first_imgThe newly elected Congress government in Madhya Pradesh reintroduced the ‘Vande Mataram ritual’ at the State Secretariat in a novel way with much fanfare on Friday.The practice, which had been started by the previous BJP government for State government employees to be held at regular intervals, was stopped last month by Chief Minister Kamal Nath who had promised to hold the event in a “new form” on the first working day of every month.Keeping his word, Mr. Nath opened the event to common people and other officials besides the State government employees and made it much grander by introducing a police band and a road procession from Shaurya Smarak to Vallabh Bhavan, the Secretariat.Addressing the event, the Chief Minister launched a scathing attack on the BJP, which had criticised his order to discontinue the practice last month, by asking it to refrain from “teaching us patriotism”. “Patriotism runs in our blood and we don’t need lessons in patriotism from those who never took part in the country’s Independence movement,” said Mr. Nath while speaking to media persons after the conclusion of the programme.Large gatheringA large number of officials, State government employees and general public assembled at the Shaurya Smarak on Friday to take part in the event. From there they proceeded to Vallabh Bhavan to the beats of the police band which played several patriotic songs. The previous BJP government used to hold the national song singing programme at Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Park in the vicinity of Vallabh Bhavan.last_img read more

Read more…

Congress drawing political mileage from floods and calamity: BJP

first_imgThe war of words between the BJP and Opposition over management of the floods continues with the Congress and its senior leadership being accused of politicising the rescue and relief operation. This follows former chief minster Prithviraj Chavan’s allegation last week that the government was biased against the flood-hit western Maharashtra and may have responded differently if it had affected Vidarbha, a BJP stronghold and home to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis. State unit BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari pointed out that the CM had cancelled his Vidarbha tour and returned to Mumbai to hold an emergency cabinet meeting. “He then went to New Delhi to participate in the last rites of Sushma Swaraj only to come back and visit Kolhapur the same day. This CM is 24×7 focussed. He even cancelled a tour to Russia,” said Mr Bhandari. Comparing the relief work to that during the 2005 floods, Mr. Bhandari said while over a thousand people had died then, not everyone was adequately compensated by the then government. Not everyone benefited from the State’s schemes and the Congress should ponder over the fact that it left Mumbai to fend for itself under the watch of its then leader from western Maharashtra, he said. “Mr. Chavan should be concerned about the work done by his party’s government during the 2005 floods,” Mr. Bhandari said.last_img read more

Read more…

ONE: Yuya Wakamatsu looking for knockout against debuting Demetrious Johnson

first_imgONE ChampionshipTOKYO, Japan—Hard-hitting Yuya Wakamatsu has the unenviable task of welcoming one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world in Demetrious Johnson under the ONE Championship banner on Sunday night.But while all eyes will be on the debuting Johnson, Wakamatsu is dead set on stealing his thunder.ADVERTISEMENT Wakamatsu wants no less than a win in front of his hometown crowd and he wants it to be in spectacular fashion.“I would like to knock out Demetrious Johnson. That is what I’m aiming for, that is what I want,” Wakamatsu said through a translator during a star-studded ONE: A New Era press conference on Thursday at the Ritz-Carlton here.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“Many are doubting me in this fight against Demetrious but I’m born for this,” he added as he faces Johnson in a Flyweight World Grand Prix quarterfinal at the historic Ryogoku Kokugikan.Coming up with a bold fight plan is one thing and executing it an entirely different story especially when knocking out Johnson hasn’t been done before. Trump tells impeachment jokes at annual turkey pardon event Wintry storm delivers US travel woes before Thanksgiving Colombia protesters vow new strike after talks hit snag LATEST STORIES MOST READ The 32-year-old Johnson has never been stopped through 30 fights with his three losses coming via decision.The heavy-handed Wakamatsu has made a career out of knocking his opponents out with nine of his 10 wins coming by stoppage due to strikes.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Bloomberg: US would benefit from more, not fewer, immigrants Rockets lock down on Nuggets for easy win Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Google Philippines names new country director PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess View commentslast_img read more

Read more…

ROSS STREET FIRE RULED ARSON

first_imgAUTHORITIES HAVE CONFIRMED THAT A HOUSE FIRE AT 417 ROSS STREET EARLY LAST TUESDAY WAS DELIBERATELY SET.SIOUX CITY FIRE OFFICIALS SAY THE INCIDENT IS BEING INVESTIGATED BY THE SIOUX CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT AS A CRIMINAL ACT.THE TWO-STORY, SINGLE FAMILY HOME WAS VACANT AT THE TIME OF THE FIRE.ALL THAT WAS INSIDE WERE SOME TOOLS, AS THE OWNERS WERE IN THE PROCESS OF FIXING UP THE RENTAL PROPERTY.THE HOME HAS BEEN RED-TAGGED BY CITY OFFICIALS.NO ARRESTS HAVE BEEN MADE YET REGARDING THIS CASE.ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THE FIRE ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE SIOUX CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 279-6440.last_img read more

Read more…