Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany could return to action in Belgium’s World Cup qualifier in Macedonia on Friday. City’s defensive linchpin has not played since suffering a calf injury in the FA Cup fourth-round win at Stoke on January 26 but club boss Roberto Mancini said last week he hoped Kompany would be able to face to Newcastle in their next Barclays Premier League game on March 30. In the meantime the 26-year-old has been summoned for international duty and is being assessed ahead of his country’s Group D double-header against Macedonia in Skopje, on Friday, and Brussels next Tuesday. Belgium assistant coach Vidal Borkelmans told Sky Sports News: “Vincent is very important, he is captain of the team. “We are quite happy he has been here. We will see. We will make about Wednesday a point whether he plays or not. “He must listen to the body. He must say, ‘I am okay’ and then it is a decision of the coach what he does, yes or no.” Press Association
Miami-Dade County health officials late last week confirmed four more local cases of West Nile virus, bringing the county’s total to 18 residents.The Miami Herald reports that the county’s mosquito-control chief believes this summer’s resurgence of West Nile most likely reflects the heavy rains that cause mosquito populations to increase.For that reason, Miami-Dade is now under a mosquito-borne-illness alert.Officials announced that county’s first two cases of West Nile virus in May, and said both cases in county residents and occurred through local transmission.On June 11, health officials reported two additional cases, followed by 10 more on June 25.According to the health department, West Nile virus is the leading cause of mosquito-borne disease in the United States.There are no vaccines to prevent it or medications to treat it at this time.
Our Sports ReporterGUWAHATI: Nambor Club won the Golaghat chapter of Assam Premier Club Championship as they defeated Amulapotty by 55 runs at Golaghat Stadium today.Electing to bat first, Nambor were bundled out for just 138 runs, but their bowlers, specially Nipumoni Kumar who took 6 wickets, restricted the opponent at 83 in 24th over.Brief Score: Nambor Club 138/10 in 34.2 overs (Raja Saikia 37, Sibsankar Roy 23, Antorikh Kashyap 5/23) beat Amulapotty 83/10 in 23.3 overs (Bedanta Saikia 24, Nipumoni Kumar 6/16).From Udalguri: Saurav Mousum Dihingia hit a century as Dhemaji Cricket Club beat Udalguri Lions Club by 92 runs in a Zonal level match here. Brief Score: Dhemaji CC 241/6 in 40 overs (Saurav Mousum Dihingia 101no, Manab Buragohain 63) beat Udalguri Lions Club 149/10 in 35.4 overs (Gurprit Singh 29, Kunal Das 28, Manab Buragohain 3/34, Rajesh Prasad 3/34, Joseph Buragohain 3/36).From Tezpur: Nakari Club of Lakhimpur thrashed Biswanath Blue Warrior by 42 runs in the North Assam Zonal level match. Brief Score: Nakari Club 200/10 in 39.1 overs (Sunzow Brahma 50, Jitumoni Kalita 34, Roktim Bonia 35, Altaf Ali 2/14) beat Biswanath Blue Warrior 158/10 in 30.4 overs (Dibash Hazarika 35, Jogeswar Bhumij 33, Amlan Talukdar 4/53).From Bongaigaon: Bongaigaon Cricket Coaching Centre won by 5 wickets against Tribeni Sangha in the Lowar Assam Zonal level match. Brief Score: Tribeni Sangha 116/10 in 35.5 overs (Pradip Sarkar 4/19) lost to Bongaigaon CCC 120/5 in 25.3 overs (Bishal Roy 49, Subhadeep Chakraborty 33, Deepjyoti Adhikary 4/39).From Kokrajhar: United Sports Association outplayed Deshbanshu Club by 8 wickets in the Lowar Assam Zonal level match. Brief Score: Deshbanshu Club 97/10 in 23.4 overs (Kishor Choudhury 3/11, Sujit Deury 3/14) lost to United SA 100/2 in 12.1 overs (Prantar Sarma 36no).From Sivasagar: CCD registered 9-wicket win over Phoenix CCC in the District level match at Outdoor stadium. Brief Score: Phoenix CCC 93/10 in 27 overs (Phanindra Sonowal 3/23) lost to CCD 95/1 in 13.2 overs (Yasir Ali 42no, Siddhart Doshi 28no.Also read: Local Sports
It was initially fixed for July 1st but it’s likely the game will be brought forward a week due to the county’s minor footballers playing in the Munster final against Kerry on July 5th.There are a number of dual players on both panels and Munster council representative John Costigan says they want to accommodate everyone.
Duterte calls himself, Go, Cayetano ‘the brightest stars’ in PH politics Formula One said the plan is to race in the month of May. The deal must still be approved by Miami-Dade County officials Oct. 28.The Miami race would join the U.S. Grand Prix in Austin, Texas, as U.S. races on the calendar. It would also give F1 a fourth race in North America, joining Montreal and Mexico City.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGreatest ever?SPORTSFormer PBA import Anthony Grundy passes away at 40SPORTSSan Miguel suspends Santos, Nabong, Tubid indefinitely after ‘tussle’ in practice Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Ethel Booba on SEA Games cauldron: ‘Sulit kung corrupt ang panggatong’ Becoming his own man LATEST STORIES This jewelry designer is also an architect Canadian vaping study details danger from ‘popcorn lung’ chemical DTI creates Marahuyo, a luxe Filipino fashion brand for global buyers Barcelona coach wants Real Madrid to play in Catalan capital Matteo Guidicelli had saved up for Sarah G’s ring since 2014? MOST READ Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games PLAY LIST 01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games00:50Trending Articles02:11Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon02:07Aquino to Filipinos: Stand up vs abuses before you suffer De Lima’s ordeal01:28Ex-President Noynoy Aquino admits contracting pneumonia00:45Aquino agrees with Drilon on SEA games ‘kaldero’ spending issue Drilon apologizes to BCDA’s Dizon over false claim on designer of P50-M ‘kaldero’ Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc of Monaco leads Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain during the Japanese Formula One Grand Prix at Suzuka Circuit in Suzuka, central Japan, Sunday, Oct. 13, 2019. (AP Photo/Toru Takahashi)MIAMI— Formula One has reached preliminary agreement to race in Miami in 2021, giving the global series a second race in the U.S.Despite an earlier push for a street race in downtown Miami that would provide views of waterfront racing, the Miami Grand Prix would instead be on a course running through the parking lots at Hard Rock Stadium, home of the NFL’s Miami Dolphins.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments