Another front engaged in civic-social actions in the northern region. The partial results indicated that 25,955 people were treated and 4,608 medications distributed. Before the end of the operation, there will be medical, dental, and hospital assistance in Porto Murtinho, Mato Grosso do Sul state, and in Tabatinga, Amazonas state, as well as other locations to be determined by the military commanders from the west and south of the Amazon. Regulated by President Dilma Rousseff’s Strategic Border Plan, Operation Ágata remains under the command of the Ministry of Defense and the coordination of the Armed Forces Joint Staff, supported by 12 ministries, approximately 20 governmental agencies, police forces, and agents from 10 states and 710 cities. By Dialogo May 28, 2013 The stability of the first five days of Operation Ágata 7 indicated that the military raided 42,200 vehicles and 2,778 vessels along the 10,000 miles of the entire Brazilian border. With 31,263 military Soldiers and civilians – the largest headcount ever used in a federal government operation -, Operation Ágata also seized 43.5 pounds of marihuana, 11 pounds of cocaine, and 1.8 pound of cocaine paste. Four aircraft were intercepted and subsequently released after no irregularities were discovered. The seizure of $ 260,000 by the 14th Motorized Infantry Brigade is an important accomplishment. The money, of unknown origins, was in a plastic bag, under the driver’s seat of a BMW car. The crime occurred on a highway in the city of Maravilha, Santa Catarina state. Operation Ágata began on May 18, between Oiapoque, Amapa, and Chui, in Rio Grande do Sul state. The initial plan was to use 25,000 Soldiers, but the current count shows a mobilization of 31,200 civilians and Soldiers, along Brazil’s border region. The operation started prior to the country hosting the Confederations Cup and the visit from Pope Francis, as part of World Youth Day, two large upcoming events in the country.
By Simon EvansMANCHESTER, England (Reuters) – UEFA’s claim that Manchester City “disguised equity funding” from their owners was “unsubstantiated” but the club showed “blatant disregard” to the Financial Fair Play investigation, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) said yesterday.The CAS panel that heard Premier League City’s appeal published their full reasoning for overturning the English club’s two-year ban from European football earlier this month.The decision allows City to compete in next season’s elite Champions League competition. Sport’s highest court also reduced the fine for City’s failure to cooperate with UEFA to 10 million euros ($11.72 million) from 30 million euros.European soccer’s governing body UEFA ruled in February that City had committed serious FFP breaches and failed to cooperate with its investigation.The FFP regulations are designed to stop clubs running up big losses through spending on players. They also ensure sponsorship deals are based on their real market value and are genuine commercial agreements and not ways for owners to pump cash into a club to get around the rules. UEFA opened an investigation into City in March 2019 after the publication of ‘Football Leaks’ documents led to allegations that the club’s Abu Dhabi owners inflated sponsorship agreements to comply with the FFP requirements.The leaked documents included club emails which referred to money being “routed” through sponsors. CAS ruled that the leaked documents could be used as evidence but noted that they did not prove the existence of any actual transactions that broke UEFA’s rules and no evidence was produced that such payments were carried out.The court also pointed out that the leaked emails were distributed internally and not sent to sponsors or other parts of the club’s United Arab Emirates-based owners.The panel also said that some of UEFA’s charges related to material that was over five years old and was therefore time-barred according to UEFA’s own rules. City did not supply UEFA’s investigation with the original emails related to the leaked documents but CAS also noted that UEFA did not “pursue” that evidence before the hearing.“UEFA’s approach in this regard is understood, because it was faced with a dilemma between trying to obtain additional evidence and having an award issued before the start of the 2020-2021 UEFA club competitions season,” said the CAS panel.Explaining the decision to overturn the ban, CAS said that the charge of “dishonest concealment of equity”, which was unproven, was more serious than the failure to cooperate with UEFA’s investigation.“The majority of the panel therefore does not consider it appropriate to impose any ban … for MCFC’s failure to cooperate with the investigations alone,” the judgment concluded.