RelatedPosts Sexual assault charge: UFC superstar denies allegation, released without charge Mayweather mocks McGregor Conor McGregor retires from UFC Conor McGregor is waiting for the results of “key physical tests” and “the examination of film evidence” before learning whether he will be re-arrested over alleged sexual assault and indecent exposure.The Ultimate Fighting Championship star was taken into police custody on the French holiday island of Corsica last Friday, following a complaint from a young woman. She has claimed the 32-year-old Irishman assaulted her and showed off his manhood following a heavy drinking session in the upmarket port town of Calvi on September 6.Teofimo Lopez discuses the highly-anticipated upcoming fight against Vasyl Lomachenko, who is the favourite and his strategy in the ring.McGregor was released on Saturday without charge, but the criminal case is still active and he could be summoned before a magistrate later this week.“Key physical tests were carried out on the suspect, but the results will not be known until after the weekend,” an investigating source said.“These tests are of a routine nature following incidents like this, but they take time, to make sure there is no doubt about them. “It is also possible that the incident being complained about was filmed. It took place in a very busy place, where fixed cameras are situated everywhere.“Lots of holidaymakers would also have been filming and taking pictures on their phones, so they also need to be spoken to.”Tests for alcohol and drugs are common when suspects are arrested by police in France, especially following accusations of assault.Formal allegations were made against McGregor to police last Thursday, by an as-yet unnamed complainant, believed to be the woman victim.This led to police raiding McGregor’s £3 million yacht, which was named locally as the “Dave Ocean”, the next day. McGregor made his way to the local Tramariccia Gendarmerie by bike on Friday, surrounded by bodyguards, and was then grilled by an examining magistrate and judicial police.“The suspect was arrested and placed in custody by the judicial authorities,” said a spokesman for the Bastia prosecutor. “He was released on Saturday.”Tags: Conor McGregorCorsicaUltimate Fighting Championship
Aston Villa are back in the running to sign Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair. Press Association The club have resumed talks with City over a possible move for the Etihad misfit, Press Association Sport understands. Villa manager Paul Lambert said last week any deal for Sinclair was dead but it has now been revived, with a loan the most likely outcome. Sinclair has made just three starts since signing for City from Swansea in 2012 and 19 appearances in total. He has played only four games this season – a total of 25 minutes – and has not featured for Manuel Pellegrini this year. Sinclair spent last season on loan at West Brom, where he made 11 appearances and failed to make an impact at The Hawthorns. The former Chelsea trainee would become Villa’s second signing of the transfer window after Carles Gil joined from Valencia earlier this month. Villa, who go to Arsenal on Sunday, are in desperate need of goals, having scored just 11 in the Barclays Premier League this season, and want to bring in more creative players in January.
Thousands of people who were fined for speeding could escape without paying a fine or getting penalty points after a loophole was exposed by a Donegal court.The glitch in the way speeding summonses are issued by private camera speed operators Go Safe has already seen a number of people having their cases dismissed at Buncrana District Court.Judge Paul Kelly dismissed the cases after drivers simply claimed they did not receive the fines in the post to their homes. Now the Garda Press office has admitted to Donegaldaily.com that summonses issued by the privately-operated speed camera company are sent by ordinary post.A number of people who appeared before Judge Kelly said the first they knew of a speeding fine was when Gardai arrived at their homes.They claimed they had never received any notification of the fines by post.Judge Kelly asked those who claimed the speeding fines did not arrive at their homes if they were prepared to swear on oath that this was the case.Each person did so and Judge Kelly was left with no option but to dismiss the cases.One woman told Judge Kelly that she was very embarrassed by the incident.“The first I knew of any speeding fine was when the Gardai called to my house. It was very embarrassing.“These letters should be sent by registered post so they can make sure that people get them.“I have had to take a day off work to be here in court and I don’t think that’s right. This kind of thing shouldn’t happen,” she said.The Garda Press office said they could not comment on the operational matters of the Go Safe company.Many of those employed to man the Go Safe vans are former Gardai.Go Safe began in November last year and has designated 750 safety camera sites in 518 zones across the country.The numbers of drivers getting penalty points for speeding this year is expected to surpass last year in many counties.Between January and June of this year almost 96,000 drivers had received penalty points.This figure is over 70% of the total for last year which was 131,000.COPYRIGHT: DONEGALDAILY.COMSPEEDING DRIVERS WALK FREE FROM COURT AFTER LOOPHOLE EXPOSED was last modified: September 11th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Buncrana District CourtfinesGoSafeJudge Paul Kellyspeeding