With one week to go before the end of the congressional recess, President Barack Obama warned lawmakers via Twitter to not “kill” the “growing economy” through another government shutdown or austerity measures.Obama’s warning came after reports that the U.S. gross domestic product grew by 3.7 percent during the second quarter, exceeding expectations.During the last week of recess, NAFCU continues to urge credit unions across the country to contact their U.S. senators and representatives in person to advocate for regulatory relief, a national data security standard for retailers and other top industry needs.Among the measures Congress is expected to take up soon after recess is S. 754, the “Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act,” a NAFCU-supported measure that would promote quicker, more efficient sharing of cyber-threat information between business and government. The Senate has unanimous consent to proceed, but further action won’t occur until at least September due to the August recess. continue reading » 16SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
The minister urged regional leaders not to repatriate citizens without coordinating with the central government.“At least notify the central government through the Health Ministry or the National Disaster Mitigation Agency [BNPB] because emergencies are a part of the BNPB’s job,” he said.The government has evacuated 236 Indonesians and two foreigners from Wuhan, China. They are currently under observation in a quarantine facility on Natuna Island, Riau Islands, where they must stay for 14 days to ensure they do not have the new coronavirus. (gis)Topics : Several regional administrations have repatriated Indonesians living in China because of the coronavirus outbreak without coordinating with the central government, a top official has said.“As far as I know, there are four [regional administrations],” Coordinating Human Development and Culture Minister Muhadjir Effendy said on Monday as quoted by kompas.com, but declined to name them.He said most of the returnees were students on local government-funded scholarships.
The Indonesian Embassy in Tehran has released 15 Indonesian crewmen who had been detained at a penitentiary in Bandar Lengeh – a port city in the south of Iran – and has repatriated them to Indonesia. Indonesian Ambassador to Iran Octavino Alimudin said the well-established bilateral relationship between Iran and Indonesia had been a key factor in the process of releasing the citizens.“We have given legal assistance and provided a shelter that could expedite their release and their medical examination before they went home,” Octavino said.He called on future Indonesian workers who aimed to work as crewmen around the Persian Gulf to ensure the credibility of their employers so that such cases would not happen again in the future.In addition, they need to report their whereabouts to the embassy upon their arrival to Iran and not commit violations that could jeopardize their safety, Octavino added. As of Monday, according to the Foreign Ministry, more than 14,200 Indonesian crew members had arrived in the country through four points of entry: Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta, Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali, Tanjung Priok Port in Jakarta and Benoa Port in Bali.Topics : According to a release from the embassy, the crewmen had been jailed for the past four months for an illegal oil shipment and had been neglected by their employer, the shipowner who is residing in Singapore, until their release.“After they were released, the embassy also asked the shipowner to pay their salaries. The owner has agreed to pay [their salaries] gradually,” the release read.The crewmen tested negative for COVID-19 and arrived in Jakarta on Tuesday.Read also: Sailors’ deaths highlight lack of legal protections for migrant workers
New Delhi: The Indian football team’s spirited showings in recent times seem to be having a ripple effect with the position of the men’s coach attracting over 250 applications, an unprecedented number that also includes some well-known names from Europe.The post has been left vacant since Stephen Constantine resigned following the Indian team’s failure to make the knockouts of the AFC Asian Cup after coming close to doing so.Contrary to speculations doing the rounds, All India Football Federation (AIFF) sources categorically denied that they are not exactly looking to recruit a high-profile name. In the recent past, AIFF general secretary Kushal Das had also said that they would appoint a coach based on the team’s requirements and not get carried away by big names.The list of applicants also includes coaches from the Indian Super League and I-League.”The big names doing the rounds need not necessarily fulfil the criteria of the AIFF. Early next week the concerned committee will make a short-list and the candidates would then be interviewed by the technical committee, and based on its recommendations, the executive committee would make the appointment from among the final list,” a well-placed AIFF source said.Established names doing the rounds are Italian Giovanni De Biasi, Hakan Ericson of Sweden, France’s Raymond Domnech and England’s Sam Allardyce.While these are undoubtedly big names, the AIFF has also received applications from people who do not have the credentials and licence.The deadline for applying for the top job ended on March 29.Among others, Bengaluru FC’s highly successful former coach Albert Roca has also emerged as the frontrunner for the job, with many national team players favouring his appointment.Under Roca, Bengaluru FC played four finals in his two seasons in charge – making the final of the AFC Cup in 2016, the Federation Cup in 2017 and the ISL and Super Cup in 2018.The team won the Federation Cup and the Super Cup, but missed out on the AFC Cup and the ISL titles. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Ex Black Stars goalkeeper Sammy Adjei has revealed to Asempa Sports that he never planned to retire from the senior national team as reported in 2008.The 32-year old goalkeeper of Accra Hearts Of Oak made these Revelations on Asempa sports heroes program over the weekend and described it as an ordeal.Ex Black Stars goalkeeper Sammy Adjei has revealed to Asempa Sports that he had never planned to retire from the senior national team as reported in 2008.Adjei who had stints in the Israeli league with FC Ashdod before the 2008 Africa cup of nations in Ghana said that he had never wanted to retire from the national team but was forced to retire by his club because he decided to leave the club to come and play for Ghana in the 2008 Nations cup.In addition he reiterated his resignation letter to quit the Black Stars was written by FC Ashdod and not him because they had warned him to stay and play for them but he refused and came to Ghana for the tournament.He explained that he was given conditions to stay and play for the club or else he would lose his starting place in the team after the Nations cup tournament. The club authorities lured him made to sign a letter to show that he was going for the Nations cup but he later realized it was a resignation letter.The veteran goalkeeper expressed his disappointment in the Ghana Football Association(GFA) saying that most of the officials there including the then GFA vice president Fred Pappoe knew about the issue but never tried to defend him when the news broke.On the flip side goalkeeper Sammy Adjei said he was hoping to get back to his best since he still has a lot to offer.He played for Club Africain of Tunisia in 2004 and was part of the Accra Hearts of Oak team that conquered Africa in 2000 and the Black stars team that went to the 1st ever World cup in Germany in 2006.Sammy Adjei also promised he may not join any team if Hearts of Oak rejects him as its been speculated.
Facebook0Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by South Puget Sound Community CollegeSouth Puget Sound Community College is joining other community and technical colleges state-wide in celebrating Adult Literacy Week.“Washington’s economic growth and prosperity depends on our ability to make education and job training universally accessible to citizens of all ages and backgrounds,” Gov. Christine Gregoire said in a proclamation recognizing Oct. 15-20 as Adult Literacy Week across the state.Critical to improving the job skills and basic skills of Washingtonians, South Puget Sound Community College, as well as other community and technical colleges in the state, offer a variety of Adult Basic Education programs, from GED and IBEST (Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training), to English as a Second Language, and more.Education plays a key role in supporting the economic vitality of Washington state, and South Puget Sound Community College plays an important part in that education process, helping people build better skills in search of better jobs to help build a better Thurston County.For more information about South Puget Sound’s Adult Basic Education offerings, visit www.spscc.ctc.edu/programs/abe. For more about statewide Adult Literacy Week information, visit www.sbctc.ctc.edu/college/_e-abe_litweek.aspx.