Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Facebook LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Indonesia and the Netherlands have signed business deals worth €1.5 billion ($US 1.7 billion) as the countries pledge to boost their bilateral economic relations.Indonesian Trade Minister Agus Suparmanto expressed hope the business deals, which cover agriculture, life science and health, water management, maritime affairs and energy, among other sectors, could come to fruition within the next six to nine months.Memorandum of understanding (MOU) documents on economic cooperation were signed in Jakarta on Tuesday during a business forum held as part of a four-day state visit by Dutch King Willem-Alexander and high-ranking Dutch officials.”With such deals, our trade transactions will increase, our exports will continue and investments will come [to Indonesia]. These [partnerships] are really beneficial,” Agus said.In his opening speech, he also … Google Topics : Forgot Password ? Linkedin Log in with your social account Indonesia Netherlands King-Willem-Alexander state-visit business-forum cooperation MoU Trade-Minister-Agus-Suparmanto
Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Tuesday that the planned return of spectators to sports venues in England could be on hold for six months due to a sharp rise in coronavirus cases.A number of pilot test events, in which capacities have been capped at 1,000, have taken place and it was hoped venues would be allowed to welcome more spectators from the start of October.But Johnson set out a range of tough new restrictions for England designed to limit the spread of COVID-19. “We have to acknowledge that the spread of the virus is now affecting our ability to reopen business conferences, exhibitions and large sporting events,” he told the House of Commons.”So we will not be able to do this from October 1 and I recognize the implications for our sports clubs which are the life and soul of our communities, and… the Chancellor and the Culture Secretary are working urgently on what we can do now to support them.”He said the measures being announced on Tuesday would remain in place for “perhaps six months”.It is a devastating blow to sporting organizations, many of whom rely heavily on match-day revenue for survival, and there have already been calls from governing bodies for the government to provide emergency funding. Topics : Professional sport, including the Premier League and Test cricket, has largely been played behind closed doors since it returned following the coronavirus shutdown earlier this year.The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport confirmed all pilot events scheduled for September had now been cancelled. They will now take place with no fans. Stark warning The English Football League has estimated its clubs will lose a collective £200 million ($255 million) without fans in stadiums for the whole of the 2020/21 season.The Premier League warned of the “devastating impact” the continued absence of supporters was beginning to have on its clubs and communities.”Football is not the same without attending fans and the football economy is unsustainable without them,” the league said in a statement.”Last season, Premier League clubs suffered £700 million in losses and at present, our national game is losing more than £100 million per month. This is starting to have a devastating impact on clubs and their communities.”We are confident that Premier League clubs, using innovative ways to get supporters safely back into grounds, will enable revenues to return to all levels of the game, as well as maintain solidarity arrangements, current tax contributions and financial support for local and national economies.”The Football Supporters’ Association said it was “crucial” to the survival of clubs to get spectators back into grounds as soon as it was safe to do so.Bristol Bears boss Pat Lam said a ban on fans for up to six months would have a “huge impact” on rugby clubs in the English PremiershipThe Jockey Club called for direct government support.”Without paying spectators, the largest revenue streams for many sports have been cut off for six months to date,” said group chief executive Nevin Truesdale.”And, with no prospect of a change soon, this threatens the survival of sports organizations and the many livelihoods they support.”
Tourism Minister Hon. Ian Douglas.The Tourism Sector Development program supported by the European Union has injected about five million dollars into the Dominican economy.That’s the word coming from Tourism Ian Douglas who says that government has been placing emphasis on community and rural tourism.He said under that program, eleven new and existing community tourism groups were strengthened through human resource development, infrastructural development and marketing.According to Douglas, infrastructural work on the construction of new tourism facilities was undertaken at the new Indian River in Portsmouth, at Wotten Waven, Layou and Bellevue Chopin.“In addition assistance was also provided for the establishment of the Dominica Community Tourism Association and that has been formed. It is up and running and the stakeholders in that sector are enthusiastic and they want to serve as a voice for community tourism in Dominica,” he explained. Meantime Tourism officials here could be meeting with stakeholders of St Martin to discuss ways the islands could forge closer links in the industry.Douglas said St Martin could be a major gateway to Dominica.He said while the two countries are competing against each other, collaboration is essential.Douglas made the remarks while addressing the 40th Annual General Meeting of the Dominica Hotel and Tourism Associations 40th Annual General Meeting recently.Dominica Vibes News Sharing is caring! Share 17 Views no discussions Tweet Share Share LocalNews Tourism Development Program injects five million into Dominica’s economy-Ian Douglas by: – October 24, 2011
While Rafa Nadal’s conqueror, Lucas Pouille takes on his fellow Frenchman, Gael Monfils.Last night, second seed Andy Murray eased into the last-8 with a straight sets victory over Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov. First up, women’s second seed Angelique Kerber faces seventh seed Roberta Vinci of Italy. While Caroline Wozniacki goes up against Anastasija Sevastova of Latvia. Men’s top seed Novak Djokovic continues the defence of his title against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga