Milan paid 18 million euros ($20.75 million) to sign him on loan, with a clause to make the deal permanent for a further 36 million euros.Higuain had his most successful season under Sarri, breaking the Serie A goalscoring record with 36 goals in the 2015/16 campaign.“I’ve talked to him a great deal, but it’s hard to give advice, because the career of a player only lasts 13-14 years,” continued Gattuso.“It’s his mind, not mine. The most important thing is to talk as men, look each other in the eyes and speak the truth.“I still don’t understand what Higuain’s unhappy about, because I see a happy lad, involved in the locker room.“We’ll see what happens. If it was up to me, I’d keep him at my house and feed him my dinner.”Share on: WhatsApp Milan, Italy | AFP | Gonzalo Higuain has made up his mind to leave AC Milan, coach Gennaro Gattuso said on Saturday amid speculation linking the striker to Premier League side Chelsea.Higuain joined Milan on a season-long loan from Juventus in July with an option to make the deal permanent, but he has struggled to settle at the San Siro, scoring eight goals in all competitions.The 31-year-old again drew a blank in AC Milan’s 2-0 Italian Cup win over Sampdoria on Saturday as substitute Patrick Cutrone netted a double in extra time.“When a player makes up his mind it becomes hard to convince them otherwise,” said Gattuso of Higuain.“I have a relationship with him that features great honesty, we say things to one another’s face.“At the moment, he’s our player and we’re holding on tightly to him. I don’t know what will happen.”The Argentina international reportedly wants to join his former Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea.
An estimated €108,000 in State funding has been spent since January on security services at an empty hotel in Co Donegal earmarked to open as a direct-provision centre.The Department of Justice funded 24-hour security services at the Caiseal Mara Hotel in the village of Moville on the Inishowen peninsula which was set to open as a direct-provision centre earlier this year.The hotel, where about 100 asylum seekers are still due to be housed, was severely damaged in November 2018 following an arson attack. Invoices released to The Irish Times under Freedom of Information (FOI) Acts show the contractor selected to run the direct-provision centre requested payments of €36,614 over a 10-week period in early 2019.The fortnightly bills were between €7,169 and €7,749 each between late January and early April 2019. to cover the cost of employing 24-hour security staff.Invoices from Orbit Security in Letterkenny to the contractor Bridgestock Care Limited show the company charged about €3,616 per week.Emails released under FOI show the department agreed to reimburse Bridgestock up to €5,000 per week for the cost of securing the hotel. Correspondence dated December 2018 reveals Bridgestock chief executive Michael Gillen warned the amount of work needed on the hotel following the fire had caused “huge frustration and delays in trying to get things done”.Mr Gillen wrote that the owner of the hotel had requested that no works take place until the insurance claim assessment for the fire damage was completed.He noted that 12 staff had already been recruited and trained to work in the centre and warned of “everyday costs” that had arisen since December 4th.For full story see https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/state-spends-more-than-100-000-guarding-empty-donegal-hotel-1.3990185More than €100,000 spent safeguarding empty Donegal hotel was last modified: August 22nd, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:000arsonattackCaiseal Maradonegalmoville€100
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest 180404_RyanMartinRains blew past expectations yesterday. We way undershot the level of moisture that ended up coming through. Rain is still trying to exit the state to the east this morning, and even though there was a lot more than we wanted or needed…it does not change the fact that bi-polar Mother Nature has decided she wants more winter.Cold air started to blast in to the far northwest part of the state early this morning, and will continue to sink south and east through the day. With this cold air arrival, we can’t rule out a little bit of light snow in NW Ohio this morning, and as the day wears on it can become a bigger part of the forecast in north central and northeast Ohio. Most of the snowflakes stay north of US 30, but we won’t rule it out completely in a few isolated areas farther south. In north central and northeast parts of the state, we can see lake enhancement bolster the snow chances this afternoon and evening.Clouds mix with some sun tomorrow and then another fast moving wave of moisture moves in over the northern third of the state overnight Thursday night. This likely brings light snow and flurries that can leave a coating to an inch from US 30 northward from midnight Thursday night to sunrise Friday morning. The rest of the state looks dry through the daytime hours Friday.Overnight Friday night through Saturday moisture pushes up over the southern half of the state. This will trigger mostly snow from I-70 southward, and the best accumulations will be from US 50 southward. Liquid equivalent precipitation will be from .25”-.6” meaning we can easily see several inches of snow in the south. Everything is done by Saturday midday.The Saturday and Sunday look to be mostly dry. High pressure moves across the state Saturday and we have some minor south winds in for Sunday. Still, cold air rules the weekend, and we see only minor moderation in temps for Sunday. South and southeast winds do develop Sunday afternoon ahead of our next system early next week, allowing temps to get back closer to normal.Moisture is back to start next week. Overnight Sunday night low pressure moves into the state. The system brings two waves of moisture, both triggering mostly wet snow. The first wave from midnight Sunday through Monday brings a coating to an inch or two to about 70% of the state. Then a second wave moves through Tuesday, with more intense precipitation .WE can see several inches of snow over 40% of the state, but there can be some rain mixing in, mostly over the southern third of the state. Still, temps are cold enough for mostly snow. Total liquid equivalent precipitation from the two waves Monday and Tuesday can be .25”-.7” with 80% coverage. We will hone on snow potential more at the end of the week.We finally put together about 36 hours of dry weather for the entire state from Wednesday through next Thursday midday. Next Thursday afternoon, precipitation is back, but with south winds, temps moderate just enough to be looking at all rain. Temps will not be above normal, but will not be quite so cold.So, to put it in blunt terms, we see no day over the next 10 with temps above normal, and 9 of them will be below to well below normal. This colder surge has caused us to have to talk up snow much more this morning, and lessen our thoughts of rain. Soil temps will stay in the 30s through mid-month…and there can be no talk what-so-ever on field work through mid-month either. It’s not what we want to hear, but it is the truth. The precipitation forecast may get tweaked, but make no mistake…the pattern is cold and damp. The maps below show total 10 day snow accumulations (now through next Friday) at top, and total 10 day liquid equivalent precipitation at bottom.
Tags:#Apple#mobile#Multimedia#NYT#Video Services#web Recently, Netflix sent out a survey to select subscribers in order to determine interest in an iPhone application for streaming movies via mobile phones. According to the survey’s wording, the proposed app would be Wi-Fi only and would offer the same content that the Netflix “Watch Instantly” service provides. Currently, subscribers are able to stream movies and TV shows to their PCs and Macs as well as to game consoles like the Xbox 360 and certain set-top boxes like the Roku. However, plans for an iPhone application were far out on the company’s roadmap last anyone heard. This past September, for example, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings told Reuters that an iPhone application would “come over time, but nothing in the short term.” Now insiders are wondering if something has changed the company’s mind. And could that something be the iPad?Netflix Asks Customers: How Do You Feel About the iPhone?A blog post on the Netflix news-tracking resource Hacking Netflix offers up the full text of the survey, which reads:Imagine that Netflix offers its subscribers the ability to instantly watch movies & TV episodes on their iPhone. The selection availability to instantly watch includes some new releases, lots of classics and TV episodes. There are no advertisements or trailers, and movies start in as little as 30 seconds. You can fast-forward, rewind, and pause or watch again. The movies & TV episodes you instantly watch are included in your Netflix membership for no additional fee.Whenever you want to instantly watch content on your iPhone, your iPhone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (such as one you might have at home or at work, or in public places like coffee shops, book stores, hotels, airports, etc.)If this functionality were available, how likely would you or someone in your household be to instantly watch movies & TV episodes on your iPhone via a Wi-Fi network?”Although this is an unofficial source for the news, the official Netflix blog links to the Hacking Netflix site in their blog’s sidebar, which at least somewhat speaks to the legitimacy of the content posted there. If Netflix Supports iPhone, it Supports iPad Too So why is Netflix considering an iPhone application now? This renewed interest is intriguing, especially when it comes only six months after CEO Hastings told reporters that “we will get to mobile eventually, including the iPhone.” At the time, he stated the company’s interest was more focused on getting Netflix content onto video game consoles and TVs. With the new crop of Internet-connected television sets, there has been plenty to keep the company busy in that regard. A likely reason for the new direction may have to do with the impending launch of the Apple iPad. The thin, slate-like computer, sometimes described as “a big iPod Touch,” is predicted to do well according to numerous technology analysts. Already, major media publications are looking into iPad versions of their print and web content, with the hope that the device will help them tap into a new audience of content consumers. Perhaps Netflix wants to do the same. It’s worth noting that the iPad will run the same mobile operating system as Apple’s iPhone and iPod Touch, so although the survey doesn’t specify this, an iPhone app could run on the iPad just as easily as it does on the iPhone.What’s Required to Make this WorkThe only question now is how will the company build it? The iPhone doesn’t support Adobe Flash, the technology that’s typically used on the web for streaming video. However, that’s no matter to Netflix. They opted to go with Microsoft’s Flash competitor, Silverlight, when they launched their web streaming “Watch Instantly” service for Mac (and, unofficially, some Linux) users back in October 2008. An interesting side note about Silverlight? It alreadyworks on the iPhone. In fact, in November 2009, Microsoft User Experience Platform Manager Brian Goldfarb demonstrated Silverlight streaming on the iPhone during a live presentation at Microsoft’s Professional Developer Conference. Reports quoted him as saying that Microsoft “worked with Apple” to create this iPhone-ready server-side solution, much to the surprise of Apple-watchers everywhere. Goldfarb later clarified his statement, saying that he meant Microsoft did all the work on the technology, but he did add that they “made sure Apple was comfortable with it.” However, Silverlight is not yet enabled on the iPhone, so the true level of comfort Apple may or may not have is still undetermined. But then again, one never knows what Apple has in store for the future. Assuming Apple was to give the green light to Silverlight, Netflix wouldn’t have many code changes to make in order to transform their database of movies and TV shows into iPhone-ready content. Of course, without official acknowledgement from Netflix itself, their future plans for the iPhone are just speculation at this point. We’ve reached out to multiple company representatives but have yet to hear back by press time. If we receive word, we’ll update this post with details. Update: CEO Hastings did have this to say about the company’s plans for an iPhone/iPad app on January’s earnings call, which makes it sound like the company’s plans have not changed since September:“We haven’t yet done or submitted an iPhone application. We are optimistic that…it would be approved…Of course that application if it works on the iPhone, it would work on the iPad. It is not a huge priority for us because we are so focused on the larger screen. Until we get our TV ubiquity and our Blue-Ray ubiquity…we would next turn to the small screen…It is something we will get around to but it is not in the near-term.” Related Posts 4 Keys to a Kid-Safe App 9 Books That Make Perfect Gifts for Industry Ex… sarah perez 5 Outdoor Activities for Beating Office Burnout 12 Unique Gifts for the Hard-to-Shop-for People…
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Luke Maye had 20 points and 11 rebounds and Cameron Johnson finished with 19 points and 10 rebounds, helping North Carolina avenge a blowout loss with a 79-69 victory over Louisville.“The biggest thing for us was to come out early and be ready to go,” Maye said. “We didn’t do that last time and I thought we did that today.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption charges PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town View comments Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations North Carolina guard Kenny Williams (24) goes in for a layup over the defense of Louisville forward Dwayne Sutton (24) during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game in Louisville, Ky., Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019. North Carolina won 79-69. (AP Photo/Timothy D. Easley)LOUISVILLE, Ky. — This time around, No. 9 North Carolina returned to form against No. 15 Louisville.The Tar Heels controlled rebounding, the inside and just about everything else Saturday to show how far they have come since their previous meeting with the Cardinals.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes takes MVP, top offensive player awards MOST READ US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants LATEST STORIES ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity.
India’s Ayonika Paul competes during the Women’s 10m Air Rifle shooting competition at the 17th Asian Games at Ongnyeon International Shooting Range in Incheon in South Korea on Monday, September 22. AP Photo.India on Monday finished sixth in the women’s 10-metre air rifle event that saw the Chinese team being stripped of the world record and the gold medal after the disqualification of one of its shooters here in the 17th Asian Games.The Indian team comprising Ayonika Paul (417.7), Apurvi Chandela (413.8), and Raj Chaudhary (407.6) finished sixth with a tally of 1239.1. Ayonika, a silver medallist in the 2014 Commonwealth Games, also qualified for the final after she finished third in the qualifying round.The Chinese trio of Yi Siling, Zhang Binbin and Wu Liuxi combined for 1253.8 points to win the team gold at Ongnyeon International Shooting Range, breaking the previous world record set by their own teammates last year by 0.1 point, according to the games’ site.Zhang later got disqualified for using unauthorised equipment for the event, costing her country the gold and the world record, which would have been the first from shooting at this Asiad in South Korea’s Incheon city.Iran moved up from silver to gold with 1245.9 points, and South Korea grabbed silver with 1241.6. Singapore won bronze after getting 1241.1.In the team component, the combined scores of three shooters for each country in the individual qualification round determine the medalists.