“There is incredible depth. We could put two first teams out with 11 internationals in each. It has been a phenomenal season. We are a long way ahead in the Premier League and whilst I wouldn’t describe the way we got knocked out of the Champions League as luck things could have gone differently in that game. “We have a young squad and each of those are a year older. We are very comfortable with the make up of team and squad.” Nevertheless, Ferguson will continue to be linked with a series of star players, most recently Robert Lewandowski and Ramadel Falcao, whilst newly crowned FWA Player of the Year Gareth Bale is another United admire. The Red Devils can certainly feel bullish about attracting the top talent when it is considered their year-on-year turnover for the first nine months has risen 13.1 per cent to £278.1million. Of that, commercial income is now £114.5million, an increase of 27.9 per cent. It underlines just how strong United have become in that area of their business, and it doesn’t include the new £120million, eight-year deal with AON, which includes naming rights to their Carrington training complex and sponsorship of their training kit and overseas tours. Broadcast and matchday sectors show a 21.7 per cent and 34 per cent increase on the corresponding three months, whilst gross debt stands at £367.6million, still a vast sum, a decrease of 15.9 per cent since June 30 last year. However, total operating expenses for the third quarter increased 18.6 per cent year-on-year to £79million. That has been put down partly to the arrival of new signings, including Robin van Persie and Shinji Kagawa, new contracts for the likes of Danny Welbeck and the growing commercial arm which means the club now have in excess of 800 staff. Press Association Manchester United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is not anticipating “a major retooling” of Sir Alex Ferguson’s squad this summer. Woodward was speaking to outline United’s third quarter results, which once again show an impressive rise in their commercial income. And with Ferguson admitting he was giving his squad rebuilding idea some thought, it has been anticipated further big name signings would be made. However, after winning the Premier League title this term with four games to spare, Woodward is not sure that is strictly necessary. “I wouldn’t expect there to be a major retooling of the squad,” said Woodward.
New look ARC revamps executive leadership team February 18, 2020 StumbleUpon Related Articles ARC continues financial support for greyhound trainers during COVID-19 shutdown April 15, 2020 Share Share ITV secures three-year British racing broadcast deal August 5, 2020 Submit The Arena Racing Company (ARC) has revealed a multi-million pound development scheme for Newcastle Racecourse and High Gosforth Park, following on from the success in similar previous work undertaken.Planning to submit its plans for the next stages of its development to Newcastle City Council in Autumn this year, it is hoped the proposals will boost the international prestige of the racecourse, in addition to creating a plethora of new jobs and driving a significant uplift of visitor numbers through the city. Improvement detailed for the racecourse estate includes an approximate 3,500m2 events centre, alongside significant refurbishment of the public and hospitality areas, as well as the racing staff accommodation. In its media statement ARC also outlined its plans for High Gosforth Park, which includes the development of “high quality” residential accommodation, and refurbishment to the listed Brandling House and its associated public space.David Williamson, Executive Director of Newcastle Racecourse, said “Our plans will complete the transformation of Newcastle Racecourse into a world class sporting venue. The development of the racecourse, and the wider High Gosforth Park Estate, will provide a significant boost to Newcastle’s local economy and help create a number of jobs.“These plans will completely transform the customer experience here at Newcastle, with brand new facilities for racegoers including bars, restaurants and hospitality suites, alongside significant upgrades for owners and trainers as well as the accommodation for racing staff. “We very much look forward to hearing people’s views on the plans, and welcome feedback at the exhibition on 31 August. We look forward to introducing the public to our plans and hearing their views.” A public consultation has been launched on the plans, with local residents invited to submit their views. Newcastle Racecourse will host a public exhibition and drop-in session before racing on 31 August between 12:00 and 16:00.