Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Long hitters hold no edge in PH Masters at Villamor Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Senegalese striker Robert Lopez Mendy bagged a hat trick as Kaya FC Iloilo came up with a memorable home debut by drubbing Davao Aguilas, 4-2, on Sunday night to zoom to top spot in the Philippines Football League at Iloilo Sports Complex.Jordan Mintah opened the scoring for Kaya just 50 seconds into the match with a clever right footed finish, before Mendy ran riot against an error prone Davao defense, boosting the Iloilo side to its fourth straight victory.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ “We wanted the fans to go home happy,” said Iloilo head coach Noel Marcaida. “It’s a victory that will be written in the history books. There was pressure in that it was our first game in front of the Ilonggos, our first chance to showcase how Kaya plays. That first goal took the pressure off.”Joven Bedic, who grew up in Barotac Nuevo, captained Kaya in its first game in its new home, assisting on Mintah’s seventh goal of the season.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownMendy doubled the advantage a few minutes later, poking home inside the area after Nick O Donnel spilled a routine save.The Aguilas mounted a comeback with James Younghusband nodding in from a corner kick early in the second half, but Mendy restored the two-goal cushion just seven minutes later. —CEDELF P. TUPAS Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award View comments LATEST STORIES Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film
Elon Musk’s Cheeky ‘Nuke Mars!’ Post Is Taking Over TwitterTesla EV Catches Fire After Colliding With Tow Truck in Moscow Stay on target Space travel ain’t easy, and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk knows it. Last year one of SpaceX’s rockets exploded on the launch pad causing damage that has left the company struggling to catch up on its orders. Soon the company will finally launch its ultra-heavy rocket, the Falcon Heavy. It’ll be the largest, most powerful rocket since the Saturn V ferried astronauts to the Moon in the 60s and 70s, and Musk thinks its maiden voyage will be a disaster, possibly repeating last year’s fiasco.“I hope it makes it far enough away from the pad that it does not cause pad damage. I would consider even that a win, to be honest,” Musk told NASA International Space Station program manager Kirk Shireman. “Major pucker factor, really; that’s, like, the only way to describe it.”Musk and Shireman spoke at the 2017 International Space Station Research and Development conference in DC just yesterday. The summit was a who’s who of advanced space and aeronautics research and engineering, but Musk, as he is wont to do, stole the show with talk of the Falcon Heavy, but not without reason.The US currently lacks a heavy-duty rocket, and Space X has had a bunch of spectacular wins recently. That has everyone buzzing with talk of the Falcon Heavy, because it will be the first vehicle since the Saturn V capable of carrying an astronaut to the Moon or even Mars. But Musk doesn’t want people jumping the gun. There’s a lot of technical hurdles his team had to address, and there’s plenty more testing it needs before people will be able to ride along.Falcon Heavy’s problem is a simple one, and it stems from Musk’s push to make space flight cheap and accessible — this rocket is basically just three Falcon 9s strapped together. But, obviously, that rocket wasn’t designed to work in tandem with others, so Musk and the team at SpaceX had to re-engineer the structure of the central column to support the additional weight and vibration. Not to mention account for extra drag, etc.All that means that the Falcon heavy loses a little bit of its theoretical maximum thrust, dropping it from 67 metric tons to 63.8.“At first, it sounds really easy: Just stick two first stages on as strap-on boosters. How hard can that be?” Musk said. “But then everything changes. All the loads change, aerodynamics change, you’ve tripled the vibration and acoustics… We had to redesign the whole center-core airframe. It’s not like the Falcon 9, because it’s got to take so much load.”Musk says that the engineering behind the new rocket was extensive, and given how much of the machine the team hasn’t been able to test in the lab, that a failure, crash, or explosion is likely. He promises that no matter what, the first mission will be “exciting.”There’s no official launch date set, but it’s likely to be early fall.Let us know what you like about Geek by taking our survey.