by Metro Mathieu Flamini defends Laurent Koscielny after Arsenal captain refuses to travel on club’s US tour 1 min. story Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Full Screen PLAY 1/1 Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling Manchester United captain Harry Maguire SPONSORED / Coming Next Read More Comment Mathieu Flamini played alongside Laurent Koscielny for three years (Picture: Getty)Former Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini has defended Laurent Koscielny’s refusal to travel on the club’s pre-season tour of the United States.Koscielny stunned the club last Thursday by stating his intention to stay in England until his future was solved instead of travelling with the rest of the squad.The 33-year-old is believed to be angry at a supposed broken promise from Arsenal that would have allowed him to leave for free this summer.Instead, the Frenchman has another 12 months to run on his deal at the Emirates and the Gunners have set a price tag of around £8.8m for his services.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT Top articles Metro Sport ReporterMonday 15 Jul 2019 8:06 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.5kShares Read More Read More Read More About Connatix V67539 Skip Flamini formed a strong friendship with his compatriot during his time in north London and he says there can be a ‘positive’ outcome.‘Lolo, my thoughts and support are with you,’ said Flamini.‘First and foremost, I know how committed and true to the Arsenal badge you have been all these years.‘Furthermore, I know how hard it must be for you to face this difficult situation.‘Emotions run high so sometimes with reflection, one can look at things from a different perspective. Given all of the above, I’m sure a positive solution will be found.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalArsenal begin their pre-season tour against the Colorado Rapids on Tuesday.The Rapids are owned by Arsenal majority shareholder Stan Kroenke.MORE: Ashley Giles reacts to claims England were wrongly awarded extra run against New Zealand Advertisement Video Settings Skip Ad Read More Advertisement
BusinessLifestyleNewsRegionalTravel LIAT apologises for delays and cancellations by: Caribbean Media Corporation – January 8, 2016 Share Tweet Sharing is caring! Share 228 Views no discussions Share ST JOHN’S, Antigua (CMC) – Regional carrier LIAT, has apologised to customers for flight delays and cancellations in recent days.“I would like to extend my personal apology for the inconvenience many of you have been experiencing as a result of flight delays and or cancellations over the past few days,” said the airline’s CEO, David Evans.He said while LIAT has been addressing several operational and crewing issues the management has not been notified of any sickout or industrial action by any Union.Evans said the airline is seeking to resolve “all matters and restore stability to our flight schedule”.Earlier this week several passengers returning home after the Christmas holidays experienced flight delays.In response, LIAT’s head of Corporate Communications Desmond Brown issued a statement on Monday in which he also said the company had not been notified of any sick-out or industrial action by cabin crew members.“However we have observed that a higher number of our cabin crew have reported sick but our Operations Control Centre is making adjustments to manage this and any other operational issues arising as is their function and role,” he then said.Brown added that LIAT had been in communication with the cabin crews’ union and was “naturally concerned” for the health and welfare of its workers.
Mike Alleman grabbed the early lead but just as the leaders were moving into heavy traffic, a lap seven caution bunched the field. On the restart, Duke, who had moved from sixth starting position into third, shot to the front. Nick Sweigart, Jake Frye and Alleman rounded out the top five. Feature results – 1. Ken Duke Jr.; 2. Doug Dodson; 3. Nick Sweigart; 4. Jake Frye; 5. Mike Alleman; 6. Zachery Newlin; 7. Tyler Cochran; 8. Drew Ritchey; 9. John Fiore; 10. Devin Adams; 11. Kyle Ganoe; 12. John Walp; 13. Brad Mellott; 14. Cale Reigle; 15. Colton Hoover; 16. Terry Schaeffer; 17. Donnie Hendershot; 18. Keith Prutzman; 19. Dave Wickham; 20. Jim Kennedy; 21. Dave Graber; 22. Ryan Lynn. SPRING RUN, Pa. (April 13) – Ken Duke Jr. preserved his 2019 Pennsylvania Sprint Series winning streak Saturday night, winning the 20-lap feature race at Path Valley Speedway more than four tenth’s of a second over Doug Dodson. The longest green-flag run of the night followed a lap nine restart and Duke made it through traffic well enough to keep his challengers at bay. Terry Schaeffer got into the turn three wall with two laps remaining, but on the restart, Duke chose the middle lane and held off the outside-running Dodson for the win. The second-place finish was also the season’s best for Dodson, a PASS rookie with extensive experience in other sprint car divisions and super sportsman. This year’s large PASS/IMCA rookie class includes several drivers who are rookies in name only: Keith Prutzman has been racing for more than four decades. On Saturday night, April 20, PASS returns to BAPS Motor Speedway to complete a feature called due to rain on April 7 after one lap had been completed. A full show of heats and another 20-lap feature will be run as well. On Friday, April 26, PASS will join the Laurel Highlands Sprint Series for a co-sanctioned event at Clinton County Motor Speedway, and it will return to Port Royal Speedway on April 27. The Selinsgrove racer has now captured all three IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Car features run so far, but this was hardly an easy win. With 21 of the 22 sprinters on hand making the call for the feature, traffic was an incessant issue on the wide Path Valley quarter mile.
Police arrested a Florida girls high school coach for secretly recording videos of a topless female student on his cellphone.The St. Augustine Record reports 38-year-old Darrell Andrew Crews coached a girls flag football team at St. Augustine High School. He was caught secretly recording a student who was changing clothes after school.According to the arrest report, Crews sent the victim the nude photos Saturday. Crews told her someone anonymously forwarded the photo to his personal email. However, after recognizing something from the background the victim said she knew when the photo was taken. She told deputies it was just before her 18th birthday.When officials questioned Crews, he confessed to taking the photo and said it was a screenshot of videos he secretly recorded.The schools district recommended his termination.Crews was booked into county jail Sunday on a charge of video voyeurism. He has been released on a $1,500 bond Monday afternoon.