Tag: 上海夜网LW

Merle Norman

first_imgVisitation is Monday, March 4, 2019 from 4 until 7 p.m. at Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home, 929 Main Street, Brookville and again on Tuesday at Scipio United Baptist Church from 10 until 11 a.m.  David Smith will officiate services at 11 a.m. at the church and burial will follow in Mt. Carmel cemetery. He was born June 30, 1947 to Willard and Jeanette “Irene” Norman.  He had two brothers, Willie and Donnie Norman – both surviving, and two sisters, Alma Hill – surviving, and Mable who preceded him in death. On Tuesday, February 26, 2019, Merle Edward Norman woke up being held by Jesus, and was reunited with the love of his life. Merle was retired from Sperry Rubber and Plastic.  He was an avid fisherman and could literally build anything.  He was a devote Christian and loyal member of the Scipio Baptist Church. Anyone who knew Merle, adored him.center_img He will be sincerely missed by his three daughters, Tammy (Danny) Garrison, Lisa (James) Henson, and Anita Norman; six grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; several friends, nieces and nephews.  Besides his parents and siblings, he was preceded in death by his “little lady” Rose Etta Norman; infant granddaughter, Ciera Rose Griffin; sisters-in-law, Ulene Quinlan, Bonnie Barrett and Carolyn Cummins, and brother-in-law, Nelson Barrett. Memorial contributions can be directed to Scipio United Baptist Church.  To leave memories or sign the online guestbook please visit www.cookrosenberger.com.  The staff of Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home is honored to care for the family of Merle Norman.last_img read more

Read more…

Torres: Mourinho has plans for me

first_img The Spain striker has struggled to justify his £50million price tag since moving to Stamford Bridge from Liverpool in 2011 but finished last season in decent goalscoring form under interim coach Rafael Benitez and helped the club win the Europa League title. Since the end of the campaign Torres, who recognises he has not done as well as he would have hoped with the Blues, has been linked with Barcelona but the 29-year-old insists he sees his future at Chelsea and is looking forward to speaking with Mourinho about his plans. Fernando Torres has reiterated his commitment to Chelsea and is hoping he has a role to play under “demanding” new Blues coach Jose Mourinho. Speaking on Spanish radio show Al Primer Toque, Torres said: “I am the first to admit that a lot more was expected of me, even I expected more of myself. Now I have the added pressure of Mourinho and that’s a challenge for any player. “Chelsea is the club I’m at and where I want to be, I want to keep winning trophies there. “I am dealing with the situation in a normal way, every summer there are rumours about new coaches and new players. Mourinho is a very demanding coach but he always guarantees success, and I trust that he has a plan for me.” Torres, who is currently on international duty with Spain at the Confederations Cup in Brazil, was also quizzed about supposed interest from Barcelona. The former Atletico Madrid hitman said: “I have known (Barca president Sandro) Rosell for a very long time. We have a close relationship but that’s it. “I’m focusing on the Confederations Cup for now and immediately after I will focus on Chelsea again. I want to speak with Mourinho first and then prepare myself for the coming season.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Read more…

Yannick Bolasie hails Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew for improved goal tally

first_img “I don’t have a total (in mind) but I think the improvements you see – four goals last season and four goals already this season,” Bolasie said. “You don’t just build a player overnight, everything has to come gradually. “I don’t think people really expect it. I wasn’t really in the box last season but this season I am in the box a lot more, I am picking up little scraps and so far I have got goals off scraps. “I think it’s all down to the gaffer and what he does in training and you can see it in the boys.” After the disappointing loss to Sunderland on Monday, Palace were keen to move on and give something back to the supporters. “It was a great result for the team,” Bolasie said. “It was good to bounce back from Monday’s result. “Today is obviously encouraging for us and we will move on straight away to focus on Everton next week. “In football, I think it is how you bounce back and you could say the attackers on Monday were a bit disappointed. The south London side thrashed Newcastle on Saturday, with the 5-1 win seeing the Eagles rise to seventh in the Barclays Premier League table. Bolasie netted twice in the comprehensive win, taking him to four overall – the same tally he managed over the whole of the 2014/15 campaign. Press Association “Today more than made up for Monday, but the game is gone today and we have to look forward to Everton. “It’s done a lot for confidence and we play Everton next week, who are another team who we normally have good games against, but every season is different so that will be another tough game for sure.” Bakary Sako is out of the clash with a hamstring injury and Wilfried Zaha is suspended, but Bolasie is not concerned about the strength in depth. “It’s tough right now but hopefully someone like Chungy (Lee Chung-yong) can come in and step up to the plate and that’s the reason why we have such a good squad. “You think of the players who have been left out, like Frazer Campbell, Jordan Mutch, so there are still players who can come in and do a good job.” Yannick Bolasie is delighted to have already equalled his last season’s goal tally and believes Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew deserves all the credit.last_img read more

Read more…

Runners burn up the road at fire department races

first_img Latest Posts Bio Clued in – May 29, 2019 Unitarian ordination scheduled for June 1 – May 23, 2019 This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text HANCOCK — Thirty-five runners turned out on a sultry Saturday morning for the newly revived “Lobster Classic” road races organized by the Hancock Volunteer Fire Department. Proceeds from the race will go toward the purchase of a new fire truck.Two contests — one a 5-kilometer run, the other 10.2 miles — coursed from the town office down the Point Road and back. The 5K participants did a 180 at the 1.55-mile mark and raced back to the town office; 10.2 milers ran all the way past the Crocker House to the Point, turned left and followed the shoreline to Post Office Road, which they took to regain the Point Road and the return trip.Jonathan Aretakis of Pembroke, a previous winner, took first in the long race with a time of 1 hour, 9 minutes, 30 seconds. Alison Manchester of Rochester, N.Y., led the 5K pack with a time of 21:54. Latest posts by Stephen Fay (see all) Stephen FayManaging Editor at The Ellsworth AmericanStephen Fay, managing editor of The Ellsworth American since 1996, is a third-generation Californian. Starting out as a news reporter in 1974, he has been an editor since 1976, working in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Vermont before settling in Ellsworth with his wife and two daughters. sfay@ellsworthamerican.com Franklin man seriously injured in motorcycle crash – May 26, 2019last_img read more

Read more…