Tag: 上海夜网KN

Jury gets case of McDonald’s strip search

first_imgCOURTS: Trial revolved around hoax call to woman who said she was “petrified.” By Brett Barrouquere THE ASSOCIATED PRESS SHEPHERDSVILLE, Ky. – A jury on Thursday began deliberating the case of a woman who said she was forced to strip in a McDonald’s back office at the behest of a caller posing as a police officer. The jury forewoman also told the judge that one juror wanted to see a clip of the security video taken of the strip search. McDonald said if there were still questions after reviewing other evidence, he would allow the jury to see the video clip. Ogborn was 18 and working at a McDonald’s in April 2004 when she was told to strip after a man called the store, claiming he was investigating a theft. At one point during the 31/2-hour search, the assistant manager’s boyfriend was left to handle the phone call. Donna Jean Summers, the assistant manager, was convicted of unlawful imprisonment. Her former fiancee, Walter Nix Jr., is serving a 5-year sentence for sexual abuse and other crimes. During the trial, jurors saw over an hour of a security video, on which a nude Ogborn performs sex acts on herself and Nix. Ogborn’s attorney, Ann Oldfather, asked Ogborn why she didn’t leave the manager’s office during the assault, particularly when she was left alone. “I was scared, and I was petrified,” Ogborn said. “I didn’t know what was going to happen. I didn’t know if this was my last day on Earth.”160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREChargers go winless in AFC West with season-ending loss in Kansas CityLouise Ogborn, 21, is suing McDonald’s, accusing it of failing to warn her and other employees about the hoaxer, who had struck other McDonald’s stores and fast-food restaurants across the U.S. Ogborn is seeking $200 million in compensatory and punitive damages. McDonald’s has said Ogborn is responsible for whatever damages she suffered for not realizing it was a hoax. The trial so far has lasted four weeks. After about two hours, jurors asked to review some of the evidence. Judge Thomas McDonald said he would allow jurors to see a copy of the employee handbook Ogborn signed, but he denied requests to review a map showing the locations where other hoax calls were received and a timeline of events. last_img read more

Read more…

WEATHER ALERT: DONEGAL ISSUED WITH WEATHER WARNING AS CONDITIONS DETERIORATE

first_imgDonegal has been issued with a weather warning tonight, as the inclement weather conditions over the last 24 hours look set to deteriorate further this evening.Large parts of the county has been lashed by strong gale-force winds all day, and heavy rain has fallen in some parts which has caused minor flooding.Donegal has been placed on a yellow status alert along with Galway, Leitrim, Sligo and Mayo. Gardaí have appealed to motorists to drive with extra care, as the heavy downpours is expected to bring up to 60 millimetres of rain in some places.The gale-force winds that have battered the county are expected to continue also, and motorists are asked to watch out for debris on the roads.The status is in place until tomorrow morning, but it’s been predicted that the alert could be extended until tomorrow evening, as the horrendous weather shows no sign of letting up.  WEATHER ALERT: DONEGAL ISSUED WITH WEATHER WARNING AS CONDITIONS DETERIORATE was last modified: October 18th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GardaiMOTORISTSnewsstorm warningweatheryellow alertlast_img read more

Read more…