The Indonesian Embassy in Tehran has released 15 Indonesian crewmen who had been detained at a penitentiary in Bandar Lengeh – a port city in the south of Iran – and has repatriated them to Indonesia. Indonesian Ambassador to Iran Octavino Alimudin said the well-established bilateral relationship between Iran and Indonesia had been a key factor in the process of releasing the citizens.“We have given legal assistance and provided a shelter that could expedite their release and their medical examination before they went home,” Octavino said.He called on future Indonesian workers who aimed to work as crewmen around the Persian Gulf to ensure the credibility of their employers so that such cases would not happen again in the future.In addition, they need to report their whereabouts to the embassy upon their arrival to Iran and not commit violations that could jeopardize their safety, Octavino added. As of Monday, according to the Foreign Ministry, more than 14,200 Indonesian crew members had arrived in the country through four points of entry: Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta, Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali, Tanjung Priok Port in Jakarta and Benoa Port in Bali.Topics : According to a release from the embassy, the crewmen had been jailed for the past four months for an illegal oil shipment and had been neglected by their employer, the shipowner who is residing in Singapore, until their release.“After they were released, the embassy also asked the shipowner to pay their salaries. The owner has agreed to pay [their salaries] gradually,” the release read.The crewmen tested negative for COVID-19 and arrived in Jakarta on Tuesday.Read also: Sailors’ deaths highlight lack of legal protections for migrant workers
The pollster surveyed 304 “opinion leaders”, including academics, NGO members, journalists and businesspeople, to evaluate the leaders’ COVID-19 responses.“[This is] because this group is expected to have quality information to be more critical of authority,” Indikator Politik Indonesia executive director Burhanuddin Muhtadi said during the release of the survey on Thursday.According to the survey, which was conducted in July, Anies had the greatest “sense of crisis” and Ridwan had the best public communication. Ganjar trailed close behind his fellow governors, Burhanuddin said. Read also: Public trust in Jokowi’s COVID-19 response declines, survey findsThe pollster chose seven governors considered potential candidates for the 2024 presidential election, namely Anies, Ridwan, Ganjar, Banten Governor Wahidin Halim, East Java Governor Khofifah Indar Parawansa, North Sumatra Governor Edy Rahmayadi and South Sulawesi Governor Nurdin Abdullah.Anies earned a score of 72.9 out of 100 in the “sense of crisis” category, followed by Ridwan (72.1), Ganjar (72.0), Khofifah (64.5), Nurdin (64.4), Wahidin (63.5) and Edy (62.6).Ridwan earned a score of 73.4 out of 100 in “public communication”, followed by Ganjar (73.2), Anies (72.1), Khofifah (65.7), Nurdin (64.1), Wahidin (62.4) and Edy (62.4).Ridwan also earned the highest score in “coordination”, which involved maintaining communication among different parts of the state apparatus and business sectors, with a score of 72.4. He was followed by Ganjar (71.9), Anies (71.6), Khofifah (64.5), Nurdin (64.0), Wahidin (63.6) and Edy (63.1).Topics : A recent survey of “opinion leaders” has named three popular governors the best regional respondents to the COVID-19 crisis within a limited group of candidates.Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan, West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil and Central Java Governor Ganjar Pranowo emerged prominent among the seven governors in the survey, which was conducted by Indikator Politik Indonesia.
Moenchengladbach’s French forward Marcus Thuram took a knee after scoringBerlin, Germany | AFP | French star Marcus Thuram and England international Jadon Sancho joined the protests over racism and police brutality in the United States on Sunday after scoring in the Bundesliga.Thuram took a knee after scoring for Borussia Moenchengladbach in the game against Union Berlin.Sancho marked his goal for Borussia Dortmund against Paderborn by lifting his jersey to reveal a T-shirt bearing the words “Justice for George Floyd”.On Saturday, Schalke’s US midfielder Weston McKennie wore an armband against Werder Bremen bearing the words “Justice for George”.Thuram’s gesture echoed past protests by National Football League players in the US in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.The issue has surged back into the headlines following the death of unarmed black man George Floyd during a police arrest in Minneapolis.Sancho revealed his protest after scoring in the 57th minute – and was promptly yellow-carded for his troubles.Thuram, a 22-year-old French striker, continued his recent hot form with two goals as Borussia Moenchengladbach beat visiting Union Berlin 4-1.Because of social distancing rules, goal celebrations were muted but after Thuram headed his team’s second goal just before half-time he took the opportunity to make a solitary statement, kneeling and bowing his head.At half-time, his club tweeted a photo with the caption: “No explanation needed.”After the game, Gladbach coach Marco Rose said Thuram had his backing.“Marcus has made the point. He has set an example against racism that we all support,” Rose said.Thuram, whose father, French World Cup winner Lilian runs the Education against Racism foundation in Paris, was the latest show of solidarity with the current protests sweeping the United States.On Saturday, McKennie said it had been crucial to make a stand. “To be able to use my platform to bring attention to a problem that has been going on too long feels good!!!” he tweeted.Meanwhile, in the United States, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said there “remains an urgent need for action” as violent protests rocked the country.“The protesters’ reactions to these incidents reflect the pain, anger and frustration that so many of us feel,” Goodell said. “As current events dramatically underscore, there remains much more to do as a country and as a league.”Boston Celtics forward Jaylen Brown returned to his native Georgia to lead a peaceful protest march in Atlanta.“I drove 15 hours to get to Georgia, my community,” Brown said. “Being a celebrity, being an NBA player, don’t exclude me from no conversations at all. First and foremost, I’m a black man and I’m a member of this community.”-‘Am I next?’ –NBA star LeBron James was among those who contrasted pictures of police officer Derek Chauvin’s knee on Floyd’s neck with the kneeling protests of former NFL star Colin Kaepernick in 2016.Kaepernick, who was ostracised by the NFL for kneeling during the national anthem in protest against racial injustice, has launched a fund to pay for legal representation for protesters who need it.Serena Williams tweeted a video by Nike, which also sponsors Kaepernick, picking out the line: “Don’t pretend there’s not a problem in America.”Two-time Grand Slam tennis champion Naomi Osaka posted pictures of protests from Minneapolis on her Instagram account.“Just because it isn’t happening to you doesn’t mean it isn’t happening at all,” wrote Osaka, whose mother is Japanese and whose father is Haitian.Rising US tennis star Coco Gauff, a 16-year-old African American, showed on Instagram the faces of black Americans who died in recent years at the hands of authorities or white fellow citizens.“Am I next?” Gauff asked.Share on: WhatsApp
This weather report is brought to you by Newman Windows and Doors: Simply the best in Hurricane Coverage and Code Red Roofers. The roofers that respond.Get up to the moment Hurricane information by visiting our Storm Central page here:Storm Central The National Hurricane Center is reporting that area of low pressure that is currently moving through the Central Bahamas now has a 60% chance of development which could lead to the formation of a tropical depression.The system is moving west-northwestward at around 15 mph and is expected to stay off of the east coast of Florida, however, heavy rain, thunderstorms, and gusty winds with the possibility of isolated flooding Monday night through Tuesday.
At the request of Republican House Speaker Jose Oliva, of Miami Lakes, the Florida Legislature on March 11 passed the measure (HB 389) expanding the authority of pharmacists. DeSantis signed the bill into law the same day.Under the law, certain pharmacists will be authorized to enter “collaborative pharmacy practice agreements” with doctors that allow pharmacists to treat and manage patients.Those pharmacists will be authorized to treat participating physicians’ patients for conditions including: arthritis; asthma; chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases; Type 2 diabetes; human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome; obesity; or “any other chronic condition adopted in rule.”To enter into the collaborative pharmacy practice agreements, pharmacists must either have doctorates in pharmacy or must have practiced at least five years and have clear and unencumbered licenses. They must also take an additional 20-hour course.The law requires the Board of Pharmacy to develop a set of new rules in order to carry out the changes, including a list of drugs that pharmacists may prescribe. The rules also must include guidelines for advising patients when to seek follow-up care from doctors.There is no word at this time on when the rules could go into effect, and at what level. Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration is seeking to fast-track rules that would potentially expand the health care services that pharmacists are authorized to provide.The move worries some members of a physician-licensing board.Ed Tellechea, general counsel of the Florida Board of Medicine, told members of a committee on Wednesday that “there is pressure” to finalize rules by Aug. 1 to proceed with a new law that would allow certain pharmacists to test patients for flu and streptococcus, as well as to treat patients with chronic illnesses.“The governor’s office would like them (the Board of Pharmacy) to get working on this right away and to get a product as soon as possible, because they want to have the pharmacists available to be able to assist in dealing with the current public-health crisis, and when it flares up again in the fall,” Tellechea said.His remarks came after comments from Board of Medicine Vice Chairman Hector Vila, who believes the Board of Pharmacy should initially draft narrow rules that could be expanded further down the road. Vila also said that he wants the rules to specifically preclude pharmacists from being able to test and treat patients for coronavirus.“This is a pretty big change. And I would move slowly and not try to cut any corners,” said Vila, who is a Tampa-area doctor. “Move very slowly, very deliberately, and then it’s more likely to end up a success.”